Friday, January 27, 2012

CTR BAPTISM TOWEL TUTORIAL



My twin nieces turned 8 and are getting baptized in a few weeks.
I wanted to get them a special Birthday Gift.
Something for their Baptism that they could keep and remember
that special day.

I was browsing around looking for the perfect gift.
As I was looking I was inspired to make a special
towel that they could use that day and keep as a memory.

I decided to use a white towel to signify the cleanliness after baptism.
I thought it would be fun to Applique a CTR
It's the Primary Theme This year at church as well as a Wonderful 
Reminder to CHOOSE THE RIGHT.


At Wal-Mart I found this towel with the Pefect CTR green Trim. 
It was $4.
Then I used some of the 4inch letters I had left from my 
dresser makeover as a Pattern to Cut the Letters out of 
a green felt the exact color as the trim on the towel.
You can find the Dresser here.


I bought the felt at Wal-Mart for 47 cents. I pre-washed it, and the towels.
I folded the felt in half and cut out 2 sets of letters at the same time.


I carefully pinned the letters where I wanted them on the towel.
I used the lines to help me keep it straight:)
I carefully sewed around each letter with my sewing machine.
Tip- I used a cream colored bobbin thread to make the back of the letters
look nice and neat.

Here is the finished product.  Wal-Mart had these same towels in pastels too.
It would be cute to do this in other colors too.  You could do initials or shapes or a name.
Endless possibilities.


I found this Poem to go with the towel on Pinterest.  
It's totally perfect.  You can find the poem here.


2 Sweet Baptism Towels for 2 Very Sweet and Special girls:)
For about $4.50 each to make.
I have a daughter, another niece, and a nephew getting baptized this year too!
I think I'll be making more of these:)
Stay Fashionable! Love,Candy

 My Nieces Makayla and Breawna with their new Baptism Towels:)

6 comments:

  1. There is a lady in our ward who machine embroiders the CTR with a shield, their name and baptism date on a white towel for all the kids when they get baptized. Morgan is excited to get one this year and Tyler is bummed he didn't get one! :)I've seen them done with cute fabric kind of like what you did. I love the whole idea of it being white, and when it gets dirty it can be washed, just like we can with baptism and repentance. I've never seen the poem that goes with it, so I'll have to pass that along to our Primary Pres.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I have been looking for something for my daughter when she gets baptized. I would love it if you would be willing to link up to our party going on now-Monday. Thanks

    http://www.kadie-sevenalive.blogspot.com/2012/02/link-it-up-thursday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! My daughter is getting baptized at the end of the month and I'll totally be doing this with her initial. Thanks for the idea and the link and the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful gift and your models are absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing at our Link It Up Thursday party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be featuring YOU tonight at 7 at the start of {wow me} wednesday. You were one of the top 5 links from last week's party. Great job. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete