Wednesday, October 26, 2011

RING Around the ROSIE


I've been looking everywhere for just the right yellow ring. I couldn't find one anywhere! So, I found some inspiration and a tutorial at a site called mommarake.com
and decided to make my own. It takes about 5mins or less and you can make 1 for about 50cents. This is my version of how to make them.


You need a ruler, glue gun, scissors, rick rack in the color of your choice, and a ring blank. Ring blanks can be purchased at Hobby Lobby and Michaels.
They're half off at Hobby Lobby this week:) Also, I used the medium rick rack. I like the size of flower the medium makes.


First measure two 12inch strips of rick rack.



Next, hot glue one end of the strand and then twist them together.



Once the two strands are twisted together you will start at the glued end and roll the strands up.
You may want to add a dab of glue here and there to hold it together.


You will end up with a flower that looks something like this. Next, hot glue the flower to the ring blank. Your flower will be pretty flat. Once you've glued it, you will want to fold back the petals to add dimension to your flower. I just used my fingers to sort of smash (don't you love it when I get technical ;) the flower down.


There you have it! An adorable flower ring in the color or colors of your choice!



The ring blanks I bought are adjustable. You can make them for yourself, your friends, your daughters, or I think they would make great Christmas Gifts too! They would also be lots of fun to make at church activities. In our church they would be great for YW's, Faith in God girls, Relief Society, or even girl's camp. Rick rack comes in a rainbow of colors. So grab your glue gun and get to work.

Stay Fashionable! Love, Candy

13 comments:

  1. These turned out really cute! Great tutorial too! I love the yellow one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! BTW- try saying "Wrights Rick Rack" five times fast.... (picture #2)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome. So beautiful.. Love it :)) Officially following ya with smiles..Lovely creative blog you have here..Found you over at linky party..I'm Marilyn and would LOVE for you to share this at my Pin'Inspirational Thursday linky party if you dont mind pweeease :))-- TY,, http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pininspirational-thursdays-linky-party_26.html


    PS: I am hoping you could join in and hopefully participate in "Project Pink Blog Day" Please check out this post of mine, I would LOVE to have you be a part of my Project Pink Blog Day if it fits your schedule.. "All blogger's going pink a day for "breast cancer" -- Wishing you a lovely weekend..http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/paint-your-blog-pink-awareness-faith.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute and simple which i love! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, candy! thanks for checking out my wiww post! this tutorial is great!! love it- soo stinkin cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are super cute! Thanks for sharing, cant wait to try and make them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are too cute...my daughter would love these...not to hard that she could probably make.

    Thanks for linking up to RoCa and Company

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very cute, and it looks like it would not be hard to do - great idea for doing at a church function!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it so cute! i'm a new follower! i'd love if you'd follow back!

    Julianne

    www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Candy! Stopping by from What We Wore and Made Wednesdays, those rings look great! and they seem quite easy to make, I'm totally trying this!
    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! This blog is really interesting and gives good details. slotted angle racks, garment rack.

    ReplyDelete