Wednesday, November 9, 2011

$5 OR LESS WALL ART


This is a beautiful old barn window that I bought at a garage sale! Isn't it AMAZING! It was only $1. I left it empty for awhile. Then, I decided to buy a $2 roll of contact paper, fire up my cricut, and print a sweet little phrase.
So, $3 later I had this cute piece of wall art:)
Pretty sweet for $3!


I bought this old barn window at the same garage sale. The glass was missing. I didn't care though. I thought it would look absolutely splendid hanging on one of my walls. It was also $1.


I really LOVE to frame my children's artwork too! It's hard to find an 8.5x11 frame. I discovered that if you purchase a "document" frame they are the perfect size for the kid's art.
This frame was about $3 at Wal-Mart.
I just love this little owl my girls made for me this weekend:)


This is an oil pastel creation by one of my daughters. I got this frame scratch and dent clearance at Hobby Lobby. A black Sharpie made it look good as new. Total cost $4.50


Wal-mart had this little beauty a couple of years ago. They were about $20. It was back when they were trying to carry a more expensive Home line to compete with Target. The patient shopper that I can be ...I waited and got it on clearance for $5. It would be easy-peasy to make yourself with your cricut and a nice piece of wood.



Lastly, I love, love, this beautiful green plant canvas! It was also part of the Wal-Mart new Home line. Reg. price $25 and Clearance for me $5:) It looks incredible with my green kitchen walls.
Don't you love where my kids choose to display their bouncy ball collection;)

I have always wanted to create my own art on canvas. Some time ago, I bought a canvas for 50% off at Michaels and used some wall paint and acrylics that I had around the house. I painted a tree for my downstairs bathroom. That's another great inexpensive way to spruce up those bare walls.

Stay Fashionable! Love, Candy

2 comments:

  1. I found a couple super cute pictures like yours from Wal-mart on clearance last May. I was impressed with how cute they were, so now that you mention trying to compete with Target, it all makes sense. I put one in my room and one on my mantle. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your barn door window art {I especially like the price tag!} I'm co-hosting with Crafty Scrappy Happy this week, we'd love if you stopped by to party http://delightfullynoted.blogspot.com/2011/11/did-someone-say-party-crafty-happy.html

    ReplyDelete