Thursday, November 3, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY


I thought that it would be fun to have THANKFUL THURSDAY every THURSDAY during the month of November. I REALLY LOVE THANKSGIVING! The food, the family, the fun, and a whole month dedicated to showing gratitude and appreciation.

I looked through my pictures and came up with just a few of the things I'm feeling THANKFUL for this Thursday.

I am THANKFUL for the Young Women's Program at our church. It helps young women develop attributes of Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Virtue, and Integrity. These girls set goals in each of these areas and complete a ten hour project for each one too. It is such an inspired program for young women living in these difficult times. I was blessed to finish this program as a youth, and I know that I am a better woman, sister, wife, mother, and daughter of God because of it:)



I am sooooo THANKFUL that I get to be an at Home Momma! This is a pic of Macie's kindergarten field trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. I am able to help at school, go on field trips, and be here when my kids leave for school in the morning and when they get home in the afternoon. It's not easy being a 1 income family these days. I am THANKFUL that we have been blessed to, as Tim Gunn would say "Make It Work." :)



I am THANKFUL for Quality Family time. I love going on trips and adventures with this crazy crew. It's nice to get-away and spend time together as a family, without all of life's little interruptions. Here we are at the Indianapolis Motor Speed Way together.


This Thursday, I am also very THANKFUL for these two lovely ladies. This is my grandma Jo-Jo and my mom Yolonda. These two women are absolutely INCREDIBLE!

My grandma Jo-Jo has endured many health challenges in her life. In her early 30's she suffered several strokes and has had to have a heart valve replaced 3 times! She has taught me that no matter what challenges, trials, or sorrows we face in this life, we can always work to have a positive attitude and treat those around us with love and care.


My momma has taught me more things than I have time to list. So, I'll just give you a couple of high-lights. She has taught me that if you really want something, and work hard, you can achieve anything! She followed her dream of going to nursing school while having 4 small children at home. She had always wanted to be a nurse. She didn't have the opportunity to attend college after high school. She didn't let that stop her from fulfilling her dreams.

She also taught me that everyone's path in life is different. She taught me that it's my job as a good human being to show love, kindness, and support to those around me. Especially when they are the least lovable! That's when they need kindness the most.

These are just a few of the things I am Thankful for this Thursday. What are you thankful for today? Take a minute to think about it and please share your thoughts with me. Your comments totally make my day. ( I'm thankful for comments too:)

Stay Fashionable! Love, Candy

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful that Kent has a good, steady job; for great friends; for living close to family; for good health; and for my wonderful kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for family, our little family and our Indiana/ward family.

    ReplyDelete