Wednesday, January 25, 2012

THRIFT STORE SHELVING


A couple of years ago I did a make-over on our Middle Daughter's Room
The room is rather small.  We bought a Loft Bed to Maximize floor space.
There was a definite need for shelving.  You know for all of those TWEENAGE GIRL
Trinkets, Awards, and Pictures.

As usual...I was working with a VERY LIMITED BUDGET.

I wanted something Inexpensive, Functional, and also Cute.
I went to our Local Thrift Store looking for something that would meet her needs.
I came across a pile of bunk bed ladders. 

I JUST KNEW THEY WOULD BE PERFECT!
The finish matched her dresser EXACTLY and the PRICE WAS AWESOME!


The Ladders were $5 each!  All I had to do was prop them against the chosen wall
and add all of her accessories:)
After looking at this pic, I think it's time to do some organizing;)


The Shelves are the perfect size for books and pictures!


It AMAZES me how many "things"  need to be displayed!
These 2 Candy Dishes have GREAT SENTIMENTAL VALUE.
Each one came from a different Great-Grandmother.
Hadyn thinks they are just about the BEST THING EVER!  
She stores jewelry in them.

I have a Challenge for you.  Go to your Local Thrift Store or Good Will and
browse!  You would be surprised at the amount of inspiration you can
receive!  Some of my greatest decorating ideas came from an aisle in the thrift store:)

Stay Fashionable! Love,Candy

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the look of a ladder bookshelf but normally they're so expensive. I'll have to keep my eye out for some cheap ladders like you got. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love this idea. Thrift store and yard sale finds are my favorite ways to decorate!!!

    ReplyDelete