Monday, September 26, 2011

Manic Monday





I got a really special gift this weekend. "Daughters in My Kingdom" the history and work of the relief society. I am excited to read it. This weekend for church we had our General Relief Society broadcast. It's a broadcast from Utah with special speakers giving talks specifically to women. It was really uplifting. My favorite speaker was Dieter F. Uchtdorf he used the beautiful small flower the Forget-me-Not to teach us 5 things for us to Forget Not. 1. Forget Not to be patient with yourself. 2. Forget Not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice. 3. Forget Not to be happy now. 4.Forget Not the "WHY" of the gospel. 5.Forget Not that the Lord loves you.

This week-end I found out that a family I love is filing for divorce. I say family because a divorce doesn't just happen to the couple..it happens to the family. Then today I found out that a dear friend was diagnosed with cancer and will be starting chemo-therapy. It really makes you stop and think about what's truly important in this life. Today fashion took a back burner to those things that really matter. So this is what I look like on a Manic Monday when I'm cleaning and doing laundry and thinking about the people I love and the trials that they face. I pray for all those going through difficult times. Love, Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment